take your playing to the next level – in France or online
Pianists Helen Leek and Ann Martin-Davis invite you to join them at their home in the beautiful French village of Édon, either in person or online. During 2020 they ran a series of online workshops, with topics ranging from how to go about learning a new piece, to a full day focusing on the work of J.S.Bach, with guest Sophie Yates demonstrating at her harpsichord from the spa town of Bath!
The next residential courses will take place in May and June 2021 and are limited to 8 participants in each. Spring is a lovely time to be in the Charente, with perfect temperatures and gardens looking glorious; there are also many marked routes for walks locally. You will be staying at Le Presbytère and at La Fermette, both of which are two minutes walk from Le Maillard. There is a swimming pool at Le Presbytère (unheated, so temperature dependent).
Each residential course lasts for 6 nights for a fee of £980 which includes:
- Morning master classes and 2 individual 45 minute lessons each.
- Morning stretches with Frankie (ex Navy fitness)
- Double Rooms – we welcome partners at half the participant fee and have many suggestions for local activities.
- Pianos – Yamaha pianos at Le Maillard, where there are 2 grand pianos and 2 Avant Grands. There is a further grand piano at our other venue, Le Presbytère. We will also plan a day trip to the Domaine Musical de Pétignac with their superb collection of Steinways, including new Steinway model A, C and D concert grands, as well as a collection of important French historical instruments.
- Meals, refreshments and wine (all locally sourced produce).
- Optional french conversation lessons with Michèle.
- Transfers from Limoges or Angoulême.
- Afternoon trips to Aubeterre-sur-Dronne, officially listed as one of The Most Beautiful Villages in France and to Brantôme, often referred to as the ‘The Venice of the Dordogne’.