Workshops in 2021
- Piano at Le Maillard online
Wednesday 12 May – Sunday 16th May 2021. A 5 day piano course from our home in the Charente. An action packed online course – our great friend and colleague, Ian Jones (deputy head of keyboard at the Royal College of Music, London), will be joining us for some sessions.
Fee £475 which includes 2 x private lessons with Helen or Ann at a time of your choice.
Courses in France:
- Piano at Le Maillard 2022
Wednesday 11th – Tuesday 17th May 2022 Fee £980 SOLD OUT
Wednesday 25 May – Tuesday 31 May 2022 Fee £980
Previous workshops and courses:
- Prepare for Release! – In this workshop Helen and Ann covered the elements involved in the art of collaborative piano. As well as this, participants worked in real time at their chosen accompaniment, duet or ensemble part in preparation for a ‘Piano at Le Maillard Release Celebration Concert’ (date to be confirmed.) Dates: Thursday 25th and Friday 26th of March, 10.00 – 17.00 GMT. Fee: £100, which included a half hour follow-up with Helen or Ann.
- Bach Bites – focus on Bach, with guest Sophie Yates, internationally renowned harpsichordist. One day course. Thursday 14th / Friday 15th January 2021
- Lockdown jazz with Rev. Ray – following the huge success of his Introduction to Jazz course, we were delighted to offer a new 5 week course. The sessions lasted 90 mins (with a 10 min break) and took place on Fridays at 4.30pm UK time, starting November 20th 2020
- Christmas Jolly – Thursday 17th December at 6pm UK time. Piano delights, live cookery demonstration and more!
- New Term, New Piece – A one day online workshop got the academic year off to a good start, with individual follow up lesson. Thursday 1st October / Friday 2nd October 2020 featuring
- first steps – how to plan your learning
- Where, why and how we choose repertoire
- Fingering – patterns, pickles, perils
- Purposeful practice
- One day online workshop with individual follow up lesson Thursday 25th June / Friday 26th June, featuring
- Carthorse to racehorse
- How to be bulletproof
- 4 – 7 May 2020 – 4 day online piano course.