Workshops in 2021
With the vaccination rollout progressing apace, now is the time to start thinking about playing with other people and with this in mind, Piano at Le Maillard present….
Prepare for Release!
Do you have a singer, an instrumentalist or a group that you play with? Well if not, now is the time to find one; there is nothing more enjoyable than music-making with friends and it will be the perfect way to celebrate your new found freedom.
In this workshop Helen and Ann will cover the elements involved in the art of collaborative piano. As well as this, you will work in real time at your chosen accompaniment, duet or ensemble part in preparation for a ‘Piano at Le Maillard Release Celebration Concert’ (date to be confirmed.)
Dates: Thursday 25th and Friday 26th of March, 10.00 – 17.00 GMT.
Fee: £100, which includes a half hour follow-up with Helen or Ann.
Courses in France:
- Piano at Le Maillard 2021
Wednesday 12th – Tuesday 18th May 2021 Fee £980 SOLD OUT
Wednesday 26 May – Tuesday 1 June 2021 Fee £980
Previous workshops and courses:
- Bach Bites – focus on Bach, with guest Sophie Yates, internationally renowned harpsichordist. One day course. Thursday 14th / Friday 15th January 2021
- Lockdown jazz with Rev. Ray – following the huge success of his Introduction to Jazz course, we are delighted to offer a new 5 week course. The sessions will last 90 mins (with a 10 min break) and will take place on Fridays at 4.30pm UK time, starting November 20th 2020
- Christmas Jolly – Thursday 17th December at 6pm UK time. Piano delights, live cookery demonstration and more!
- New Term, New Piece – A one day online workshop to get the academic year off to a good start, with individual follow up lesson. Thursday 1st October / Friday 2nd October 2020 featuring
- first steps – how to plan your learning
- Where, why and how we choose repertoire
- Fingering – patterns, pickles, perils
- Purposeful practice
- One day online workshop with individual follow up lesson Thursday 25th June / Friday 26th June, featuring
- Carthorse to racehorse
- How to be bulletproof
- 4 – 7 May 2020 – 4 day online piano course.